Friday, March 23, 2012

Book Light

Had a bad week this week. Lost one of best friends this week, Becky you will be missed. She encouraged everyone she meet, I supplied her with cards. She would sent them to everyone. This is Becky with her new copier.  This picture always make me smile. I love ya Becky.









But while I'll was sitting at my desk I needed to create something,
 I had sent a book light on The Chive and I really wanted one,
so that is what I made this week.
Gutting the book.

I had to break down the bulb holder to fit inside the book, then I clamped it down and used Royal Coat Decoupage finish on the inside. then clamped the side and drilled a hole in the side. I added the switch and wired it up. If you need to see how I did that let me know. I used a lot of hot glue to hold everything in place and use as a strain relief for the cord.  

 And here is the final product, it looks great the pages on the outside look great.

3 comments:

Gomunk said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Becky. **Hugs**

The book light is really cool! Great job!

Amanda Phillips said...

What a wonderful pic of your friend, thank you for sharing this. I am so sorry for your loss. Also would like to say ...You are AWESOME!!! This light is just groovy baby!BIg HUGZ

Rita Barakat said...

So sorry for your loss, she looks so fun in that pictures! Cool project!